Salary and benefits: DOE
Start Date: October 1, 2023 through April 1, 2024
Who we are:
Hunter Pyle Law is looking for a bright, good natured individual to work as a paralegal/legal assistant. With six attorneys, and one other legal assistant we are a small and solid employment and civil rights law firm that handles issues such as wage theft, discrimination, unlawful termination, etc. We take pride in our devotion to justice and have deep roots in the Oakland community.
- Traditional administrative support: answering phones, copying, filing, mailing, organizing, preparing conference room for depositions, ordering supplies, pick up mail, etc.
- Case support that involves working one-on-one with clients and attorneys; assistant must be able to handle assignment deadlines with excellent organization and team-player mentality.
- Extensive case management includes, but is not limited to: filing in various jurisdictions, drafting correspondence, drafting pleadings, tracking deadlines, document management, coordinating client communications, tracking case expenses and attending depositions when necessary etc.
- Ability to interact with others in a collegial, respectful workplace.
- High attention to detail
- Excellent computer skills, including: Microsoft Word and Excel, Acrobat PDF, Outlook Mail and Calendar – Quickbooks skills are a plus
- Professional demeanor on the phone and in person with clients
- Ability to strive and be flexible in a fast paced environment
- Spanish language skills are a plus
Submit an Application:
Email your resume in the text of an email to Leticia at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please do not include attachments with your email as they will not be opened.